Friday, February 26, 2010

Santa Monica

It's 5:00 a.m. in Los Angeles and my body is still on CST time so I'm up and staring out the window at the city scape. L.A. could rival New York for the city that never sleeps! It makes Atlanta look sleepy!

I had dinner last night in Santa Monica with two new friends. I had a California burger that was made out of something healthy so I didn't want to ask what was in it! We also did a beauty treatment each yesterday and mine was new eyelashes and the haircut. The eyelashes are lllloooonnnngggg and I love 'em! Everyone here has them so, of course, I had to have them! I'm amazed at the availability of beauty stuff, etc here...saw and billboard advertising the Lap Band procedure done in 1 hour, walk-in clinic, they would file your insurance, etc. Back home you'd have to have 3 consultations, go to Flower's for mass quantities of pre-op proceedures, etc etc! The boutique where I had my hair cut also does Botox and will give you Latesse without a prescription (I do not even want to know where that stuff comes from! lol). Then we went past an orthodontist and you can get a full set of "beautiful braces" (whatever those are) for $108 or Envisalign for $28 per set (now that I would jump on if I lived here). I guess there's just such competition that prices are lower. Whatever the reason it's easy to see why folks here are so beautiful and "well preserved".

I'm thinking since I'm up that I'll go grab some free hotel breakfast grub and take it to check out the sunset over Santa Monica Boulevard, and here's the song that is still stuck in my head from last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6zIEfSxqkg&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment